Monday, December 10, 2007

Allan G. Johnson's "Privilege, Power and Difference"

Main Ideas:
  • TAP THE GLASS
  • MAKE NOISE
  • DO THE RIGHT THING
  • RACISM
  • SEXISM
  • INCLUSION
  • REJECTION

Evidence

My Favorite quote from the whole article was this:

  • " Make noise, be seen." (pg. 144)

This class has taught me to become more accepting and to not just look the other way when something that i feel that is wrong is happening. That is something, not that i struggle with, but I do not always stand up for what i believe in all the time, not sure why, but I have begun to stand up a lot more than usual. So I am glad, and I believe that is what Johnson wants us to do. Stand up for what we believe in. Make sure you are heard and not silenced by that majority. Because you could possibly be right compared to the majority. SO basically what i got from this reading is STAND UP AND BE HEARD!

1 comment:

Dr. Lesley Bogad said...

Alex

Your blogs are strong and they show off how you are processing everything we have read and talked about. I really like this last entry -- Be Heard.

Have a good break!

LB :)